It's that time of year again...time for witches and goblins and ghosts and scary stories! Here at BiblioTech Public Library, we have something for everyone to read this Halloween season.
- On cloudLibrary, we have collections of fantastical stories featuring warlocks, witches and wizards, as well as a Fright Night collection, which has creepy ebooks and audiobooks for all ages. Looking for more realistic scares? Check out our True Crime collection.
- Are you looking to make Halloween-at-Home special? Check out Making a Monstrous Halloween by Chris Kullstroem. You'll find tips for Halloween activities and events.
- Do you need a chillingly well-done horror audiobook to make it through October? Try Paul Trembley's A Head Full of Ghosts. Read by Joy Osmanski, this tale of psychological suspense is sure to give you a scare.
- Check out YA hit Poisoned by Jennifer Donnelly, which was highlighted in a recent article about 10 recommended "eerie" books for Halloween in the San Antonio Express-News.
- We also have tons of books by Stephen King, Peter Straub and other horror superstars. For our younger readers, check out our collection of classic Goosebumps books!
- On Hoopla, the featured Movies of Month are very Halloween-focused. Watch Spooky, the Square Pumpkin for a kid-friendly laugh, or check out Dark Places for a darker thrill. Love the movie? You can also read the book by Gillian Flynn that it's based on.
Need more spooky-inspiration? Check out the October issue of Good Housekeeping on our newest resource, Flipster (you can log in with your library card number/barcode). Inside you'll find delicious meals and fun crafts. We also have National Geographic Kids on Flipster, which features a special Halloween issue with everyone's favorite: pictures of pets in costumes!Looking for safe and socially-distanced activities for the big day? Check out this article from KSAT12, with good options for all ages, or find some amazing scary art from local artists with the help of the San Antonio Current.
Need more BiblioTech News or reading recommendations? We have you covered.