- START HERE
- About Us
- Locations and Outreach
Community Room Application
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Only confirmed meeting room reservations for specific dates and times entitle an organization to use a meeting room. Confirmation will be by email or telephone to the applicant. No unconfirmed meetings are permitted on library premises, without the express approval of Administration. Library employees do not have the authority to override this policy to make a meeting room available to any organization not on the meeting room schedule, even if a meeting room is not in use.
Requirements of meeting space use:
1. Meetings should cause no interruption or inconvenience to ongoing library or Precinct Office activities.
2. BiblioTech Administration reserves the right to limit organizations which hold periodic meetings to once per month for each group in an effort to encourage the broadest use possible.
3. The sponsor of a group or meeting may request a fee from participants only to the extent that such a fee covers the cost of materials furnished to the participants. Such charges should not be construed as an admission fee.
4. Application for the use of the meeting space should be made at least 1 week in advance, and not more than 90 days in advance, using this Meeting Space Application Form. The application should be made by a person over the age of 18 who will be responsible for the group’s adherence to the rules and regulations. The Meeting Space Application Form is available on the BiblioTech website or at the branch.
5. At least one adult over the age of 18 must be present for all youth group activities.
6. The library must be notified promptly of any cancellations. Failure to do so may be grounds for declining future meeting space use.
7. The meeting space is not available for:
Non-library social functions, including, but not limited to, showers, parties, etc.
Political endorsements, political fundraisers or other political activities.
8. Smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
9. Non-alcoholic drinks and/or light snacks may be provided and served in the meeting space by the group. The library is not responsible for providing refreshments.
10. Meeting space should be left in a clean and uncluttered condition. Tables and chairs should be returned to their original positions. Any equipment should be returned to its proper placement.
11. Groups are responsible for any damage to the meeting space and its contents during their use.
12. Meeting space is available during library hours, M-F 12PM-8PM and S-Su 10AM-6PM. Meetings must adjourn and meeting space must be vacated 15 minutes before library closing time.
13. The use of the meeting space does not constitute an endorsement of an organization’s policies or beliefs.
14. The organization assumes the responsibility for accommodation and specific articles of compliance as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
15. BiblioTech is not responsible for theft or damage to property brought into the meeting space.
16. BiblioTech Administration reserves the right to cancel or suspend any permission granted to a group or organization that violates the rules and regulations of the meeting space or library.