Health and Well-Being
We've all been thinking about our health and well-being lately, as we learn about the developing outbreak of COVID-19. Below, we'll outline some resources to help you keep up with the latest news, as well as the latest best practices for your health, and then highlight some BiblioTech resources that might be of interest.
BiblioTech Director Laura Cole recently said, "The global COVID-19 epidemic has left many in our community unclear and unnerved. Panic about the virus, however, is unwarranted and unproductive." She then went on to recomment the following websites as resources for "current, truthful, and accurate information."
- COVID-19 Prevention in Bexar County
- Coronavirus Infections from Medline
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus Research guide from the Texas A&M University Libraries
- Corona Virus 2019 from NIH National Library of Medicine
For both the prevention of COVID-19, as well as the flu, it is recommended that everyone:
- Wash hands for at least twenty seconds throughout the day. Where soap and water is unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then dispose of the tissue.
- Stay home if you are feeling ill.
If you are looking for additional health and wellness related resources, look no farther than your highly accessible BiblioTech Public Library collection.
- On cloudLibrary, we have a Health & Fitness collection, as well as a Body, Mind & Spirit collection. You can also search for your favorite, best-selling health and wellness book!
- There are hundreds of health and wellness resources on Hoopla, including ebooks, movies and more.
- On The Great Courses, you can find an entire section of courses devoted to Health and Fitness.
- There are also interactive, online courses in Health and Medicine on Universal Class.
- Our Health and Fitness magazines on RBdigital can help you eat healthier, run faster or learn a new yoga move. So many possibilites!