Hurricane and Flooding Preparedness: Books and Information
Hurricanes can be terrifying and devastating. We can’t control natural disasters, but some people prefer to cope with them by reading about them. You can learn more about hurricanes and devastating weather by checking out some excellent reads on our cloudLibrary and Hoopla apps. Some of our favorite books are:
- The Storm of the Century by Al Roker
- Isaac's Storm by Erik Larson
- Drowned City by Don Brown
- Surviving A Hurricane by Patrick Perish
- Hurricanes by Joanne Mattern
- Hurricanes by Rebecca Leama
Book Riot also has a great list of 8 gripping reads to enjoy during Hurricane Season.
And did you know that October tends to be one of the rainiest months in San Antonio? Be sure you are prepared for possible flooding in your area. More information about preparedness can be found here:
- San Antonio Office of Emergency Management provides excellent information about how to be prepared for a hurricane and flooding before, during and after they occur.
- Texas Public Radio offered some invaluable information about what you need to know about Hurricane Season in San Antonio.
- Bexar County Emergency Management teaches you how to be "Storm Ready" before, during and after a hurricane.
- The National Hurricane Center offers some great information about how to be better prepared for hurricanes and devastating floods.