Take a Bite Out of Shark Week with BiblioTech Resources
The Discovery Channel launched Shark Week as a shark-based programming event in 1988. Today, everyone looks forward to all the Shark Week related festivities because sharks are amazing fish! Sharks have been around for more than 400 million years. The longest shark, the whale shark, can grow to over 40 feet long. The dwarf lanternshark, which is thought to be the smallest, usually only grows to about 7 inches long. There are all kinds of amazing shark facts to explore and if you don't immediately think of your pubic library during Shark Week, BiblioTech is here to tell you that you should. We have all kinds of resources for the shark-curious!
Some BiblioTech Resources on Sharks
- Learn how to photograph sharks (and so much more!) in Outdoor Photographer magazine
- Listen to the family-friendly and laugh-out-loud hilarious story Misunderstood Shark
- Read an unbelievable, true story in Surviving the Shark
- Check out Marine Animals, a collection of nonfiction kids books
- Watch our shark-related movie collection, with films from Sharknado to National Geographic documentaries