Thursday, November 11th is Veteran's Day.
Our military men and women, who serve and protect the United States, come from all walks of life.
You'll find them in our communities as parents, children, grandparents, brothers, sisters, friends, neighbors and even coworkers.
What once was an anniversary for the end of World War I, has now evolved into a day of appreciation for all veterans living or passed.
So take time this week to spend this Veteran's Day with the ones you know who are serving in the military, or did, by taking time now to say thank you.
Not sure how you can show your appreciation? Here are a few ways you can show your appreciation:
* "Thank you for your service." - This is a very common way to show appreciation for our veterans and is always welcomed, especially on Veteran's Day.
* Spend time with a veteran. - Ask someone you know or would like to get to know about their service. More than likely, you'll find that they are happy to tell you of their experience. Sometimes you don't even have to say anything, just listen and give them your full attention.
* Don't Confuse Veteran's Day with Memorial Day - Veteran's Day is all about showing thanks, while Memorial Day is a time to reflect and remember.
* Be Present - Take time to visit veterans at a VA hospital or go to an event.
* Fly a Flag - Flying a flag is always a good way to show your support. Some days you might have to display the flag a certain way so be sure to find out.
Lastly.....*Donate - Find an organization that supports veterans. There are many out there that help to support and provide services to our veterans.
Want to learn more about this holiday? Be sure to checkout BiblioTech's resources through cloudlibrary, hoopla, biblioboard and kanopy where we provide information through ebooks, audiobooks, documentaries and more, all for free!