Checking Out Digital Movies and Music
Once you have registered for BiblioTech, you can use your card information to create an account on hoopla and Kanopy to check out movies and music. To use medici.tv, you just need to log in with your BiblioTech Public Library card number/barcode.
One of our movie collections, as well as our collection of downloadable music, can be found on hoopla. Users must go to the website first to create an account, then log into the Hoopla app.
- Users can check out 5 items each month from hoopla. Users will get 5 new checkouts on the first day of each month.
- Music can be checked out for up to 7 days.
- Movies can be checked out for 48 hours.
- You can find out more about hoopla by watching the hoopla video tutorial.
Even more movies can be found on Kanopy. Users must go to the website first to authenticate and then create an account prior to downloading the app. This collection includes The Great Courses.
- Check out 6 movies each month
- Movies check out for 72 hours
- Note: Kanopy Kids collection and the Great Courses collection do not count against your 6 check outs and can be streamed for 30 days.
- You have to register on the website before downloading the app!
- First, authenticate with your BiblioTech library card and password (reset your password or find out your card number with this form)
- Then, click "LOG IN" in the top right corner and create an account with Kanopy. Your account can be created using your Google or Facebook login, or can be done directly on Kanopy using your email address and password.
- After creating your account, you’ll receive a verification email in your inbox. Click on the link in this email to verify your email address.
- For more information on Kanopy, check out the Kanopy video tutorial.
medici.tv provides streaming videos featuring the best of classical music. There is no limit on how many videos you can watch and no limit on how many people can watch a video at once. Watch live and recorded concerts, ballet, opera, documentaries and more right now. You can also can stream videos on your TV via Airplay or Chromecast.
For more information, please visit our Movies and Music page or our Frequently Asked Questions page.