Happy New Year, San Antonio
Happy New Year, San Antonio! Here at BiblioTech, we are extremely excited to ring in 2020. A new year, a new decade and a whole new pile of books to read, magazines to puruse and movies to watch. Not to mention audiobooks to listen to and languages to learn. Seriously, 2020 is going to be amazing!
BiblioTech has resoures to help you on your journey no matter what your resolutions are for the next year--or the next decade! Is anyone planning that far ahead? If so, you deserve all the kudos!
First, have you registered for a BiblioTech card? This is the first step on your path to success in 2020! (Not to mention your path to hundreds of thousands of free ebooks and eaudiobooks, plus much more!) You can complete your registration online or head into one of our branch locations to have a friendly tech assistant help you out.
Once you have a card, check out the BiblioTech App Store! There are some really exciting (and free!) resources for all registered BiblioTech members. Here are some ideas for how you might use some of our resources to make sure your aspirations become reality in this exciting Year of the Rat (according to Chinese astrology).
A recent AI study came up with the probable most popular New Year's Resolutions of 2020. We've listed them below, along with some resources that can help you stay on track:
- Actually Doing my New Year's Resolution
- This one is funny, but also extremely real life. Who among us hasn't kept a resolution? (All hands raised...) Keep reading for ideas on how to reach your goal in 2020!
- Trying Something New
- BiblioTech offers so many new things for you to check out this year, Bexar County. Learn a new language with Mango Languages or check out the recommendations in the January feature "13 Things to Do in 2020" in Texas Highways Magazines. You are also always welcome to join us at one of our exciting BiblioTech programs. You might meet someone new! The possibilities with this resolution are endless.
- Eat More of my Favorite Foods
- First of all, this is a fantastic resolution. And while you can certainly find some amazing food while eating out in San Antonio (check out this San Antonio Current article about the best restaurants to open in our fair city since 2010), BiblioTech also has resources to help you make some of your favorite foods at home. RBdigital offers pages and pages of cooking magazines, all of which are sure to inspire. The Great Courses has an entire video class section on Food & Wine, including a class on Baking Pastries & Desserts, which sounds pretty amazing. Plus, BiblioBoard has a mouthwatering cookbook collection!
- Be Healthier (including losing weight, starting a diet or going to the gym more)
- We also have some great resources to help with this! A great starting point is the Health, Fitness and Nutrition classes offered by The Great Courses. We also have many, many books and audiobooks on cloudLibrary, including a very intriguing title called Younger Next Year that we will certainly be checking out.
- Be Happier (or have better mental health)
- If you're trying to accomplish this fantastic goal, there are so many resources for you in all of San Antonio. For example, it's widely known that being outside can help your mental health and San Antonio offers so many great green spaces, including some incredible hiking trails. Additionally, we have a lot of BiblioTech resources to help with improve those happiness levels. Check out our Body, Mind and Spirit collection on cloudLibrary, or magazines like Yoga Journal and Guideposts.
- Upgrade my Technology
- Need to do research on what tech to get? Stop by one of our branches! If you've already upgraded and need help navigating your new gadget (or adding our seven free apps to your new device), we can also help with that!
- Staying Motivated
Happy New Year!