- START HERE
- About Us
- Locations and Outreach
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
GED Testing at BiblioTech
BiblioTech South Testing Days/Times: Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 8am - Noon
BiblioTech West Testing Days/Times: Monday & Wednesday from 8am - Noon
BiblioTech is able to offer free vouchers for the GED test courtesy of Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Texas, Inc. (TMMTX). If you are interested in taking the GED test with us:
- Please register for a MyGED.com account. You can do this on your own computer or device, or stop by any BiblioTech location.
- Visit the branch where you are interested in taking the test, in-person, during regular business hours.
- You will need to bring your MyGED.com log in information.
- While you are at the branch, we will help choose the correct test and get a testing date and time. This is also when you will get the voucher to pay for the test.
- When you leave the branch, you will have a confirmation page that lists what test you are taking and when you are taking it. If you cannot test on your confirmed date/time, you must reschedule the test a minimum of 24-hours in advance by calling 1-877-450-3276 or chatting online at MyGED.com.
Questions? Please call 210-631-0182 and leave a message. We will return your call as soon as possible. You can also fill out this online form and we will contact you with more information.
Additional GED Information
To get your GED, you must pass 4 tests; language arts, math, science and social studies.
- At BiblioTech, you can sign up for one test at a time and get one voucher at a time to pay for that test.
- During testing:
- No food or drink
- No smoking
- No one may be in the testing room with you
- You may not take any unscheduled breaks
- Please wear comfortable clothing (the rooms can get cold)
- You will be given a dry erase board, dry erase marker and calculator
- If you sign up for a test and need to cancel, you must do so at least 24 hours before your testing date and time. To cancel, please call 1-877-450-3276 or chat online at MyGED.com
- If you do not cancel your test and fail to show up for your test, you will not be able to get more vouchers for test-taking.
- If you take a test and do not pass, you will need to show that you are enrolled in a GED prep class, or come to a BiblioTech branch and study using our free resources, in order to get an additional voucher.