Borrow a Device
What you need to know before you borrow
You must be at least 16 years old and present a photo ID to borrow a BiblioTech device. You will be asked to electronically sign our user agreement form each time you borrow a device. Parents/guardians can borrow devices for their children.
Electronic devices may be borrowed for 21 days. A grace period of 6 days is allowed before late fines will accrue. If the device is not returned by the end of the grace period, a $14 fine will be charged to the user's account. If a device is more than 30 days overdue, a replacement fee will be charged to the user's account. This will stop the patron from being able to borrow BiblioTech materials. This fee will be waived if the device is returned to the library in good working order within 3 months of the date that the device was originally borrowed.
Damages and Liability
By borrowing a device and signing our digital user agreement form, the user agrees to assume any and all legal liability for the cost of repair or replacement of a device in the event of loss due to theft, damage, negligence or misuse while the device is checked-out on his or her account. Please contact the library with any questions or concerns.
Loan Periods and Borrowing Requirements
- Adult eReaders – 21 Day checkout
- Children's eReaders with preloaded books (Playaway Launchpads) – 21 day checkout
- Wireless Hotspots – 21 Day checkout
- Apple iPad – 1 hour in-house checkout
- Apple MacBook Pro – 1 hour in-house checkout
- Patrons over the age of 18 may checkout 2 devices at a time (hotspot & eReader or hotapot and Chromebook).
- Patrons ages 16-18 may checkout 1 device at a time.
- Devices must be renewed at a BiblioTech branch (it does not matter which branch) to ensure that the battery is charged and the device is in good working order.
- A maximum of 5 ebooks can be checked-out and downloaded to a single Adult eReader at any given time.
- The Children's eReaders are preloaded and users will not be able to download additional library books or other material to these devices.
- Patrons 16 & up may checkout 1 wireless hotspot at a time.
- Wireless Hotspot checkouts are limited to 1 device per household.
- Patrons 16 & up may checkout 1 in-house device at a time.