- START HERE
- About Us
- Locations and Outreach
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Looking for tools to write and publish a book? We can help with that! This is our Writer's Corner page, where we gather all of our writing resources so that you can add your indie book to our collection, and the collection of libraries of across the state. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Other Writing Resources
The award-winning magazine The Writer is available from RBdigital.
Lynda Training, an active learning platform offered by BiblioTech, offers many different courses to enhance your writing skills. Some of the options include:
- Writing in Plain English – Learn to write in a way that is easily understood by your target audience
- Writing Fundamentals: The Craft of Story – This course offers practical how-to advice, then illustrates it using before-and-after examples.
- Editing and Proofreading Made Simple – Tips and tricks to edit your own writing and make sure it’s as polished as possible before you hit send.
UniversalClass is another active learning platform offered by BiblioTech. This platform features over 50 courses to help develop writing skills, including:
- Novel Writing 101 - Using the steps outlined within this course, aspiring novelists can find the structure they need to create a well-crafted manuscript.
- Nonfiction Writing 101 - This course is designed to take you beyond the basics and to guide you through the writing process to the finish line.
- Genre-specific classes - These courses include topics like Historical Fiction Writing, Writing for Children and Writing Romance.
More information about Lynda Training and UniversalClass is available on our Active Learning Platforms page.
The TexShare databases offer a resource for writers called the Literary Reference Center.