Women's History Month
March is Women's History Month and your BiblioTech Public Library is celebrating in all kinds of ways! From resources to programming, we're here saying "We see you!" to all the women in San Antonio and beyond.
BiblioTech offers so many resources, but we've curated some of items specifically for Women's History Month. Check them out below.
- Our Who Rule the World? Girls! Collection on BiblioBoard features an exciting mix of historical resources (like this letter from Abigail Adams to her husband, President John Adams, where she famously urges him to "Remember the Ladies, and be more generous and favorable to them than your ancestors.") and great contemporary reads (such as Revolutionary Women, a book that features everyone from Harriet Tubman to Malalai).
- Also, don't miss out on the Women Veterans video in this collection, which tells the story of US females in the armed forces with interviews from women who served from World War II on.
- On our Women's History Month shelf on cloudLibrary, you'll find all kinds of great reads for all ages.
- Check out Book of Ages: The Life and Opinions of Jane Franklin, which gives amazing insight into the extraordinary life of Benjamin Franklin's sister.
- Looking for a good audiobook? Check out Hidden Figures. The book tells a more in-depth story than the blockbuster movie!
- In a hurry? ReadItFor.Me has some great, short takes on books by and about women.
Your BiblioTech Public Library offers programming every day at our three branches. Check out our calendar to see all of it! Below, we've highlighted a few programs set up specifically to celebrate women's history this month.
- At our BiblioTech West branch, they will be celebrating Women's History Month at every Teen Book Club meeting as they read Femme Magnifique: 50 Magnificent Women Who Changed the World, a comic edited by Shelly Bond. Join them on Wednesdays at 6pm if you're a local teen! (Even if you aren't, you can check out the comic on our Hoopla app!)
- BiblioTech West will also be showing a family-friendly Women's History Month themed movie this Sunday, March 15, during their regular Movie Day at 2pm. Call 210-631-0190 to find out what will be screened or just take a chance that you'll love it and join us!
- At our BiblioTech South branch, you can come to Children's Storytime any Saturday at 1pm, but on Saturday, March 28, we'll be reading A Safe Cake by Nadia Ronquillo and J.L. Anderson, which features an intrepid female protagonist. We'll also do a craft!
Want to know more about Women's History Month? Check out womenshistorymonth.gov, which has all kinds of great resources. Also, if you want to know more about the amazing women who shaped our community, look no further than this neat write up.